Ranger Up Apparel

We are the 0.45

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Back in Action!

Well I have returned from two long weeks of being surrounded by the most beautiful wilderness in the world.  Northern Canada is a must of the adventure seeker.  I was able to not only relax in this majestic place, but manage to catch quite a few fish as well!  There really is no better place to get away from modern day technologies, read a few of your favorite books, reconnect with loved ones, and reconnect with yourself. 

While on this relaxing vacation I took a little time to read the Paleo Diet book.  This was a read I had been looking forward to for some time and have been way to busy to sit down and read a book.  Let me say if you are a fitness and nutrition enthusiast such as myself then please by or borrow the book and take the time to glance through it.  I am not saying everyone was meant to be on the Paleo, but I am saying there is some great scientific research within the books pages.  I personally know so many people including family members who have tried low or no carb diets.  One theory behind a few of these fad diets is that you can eat all the meat you want including sausage links and bacon.  Few take the time to do their homework and educate themselves on the fact that bacon is comprised of 75% fat and a measley 25% protien.  But it has NO CARBS!!  I too have fell for this marketing trick for many years.  My point being is that information like this is located within the bounds of this magnificient book.  Some of the material is biased, but if you have the ability to look past it you can find much research that is already done for you.

I am excited to be back and look forward to posting some more intense workouts.  Starting tomorrow keep an eye out for the new Daily Challenges!  It is time to hit the grindstone again.  Good Luck!

1 comment:

  1. I know friends on that diet, they are seeing awesome results but they are doing intense crossfit training to accompany the diet. Heard many good things about it though

    ReplyDelete